1999 Contrivance Ram 1500 consumer reviews

$xiv,795–$fifteen,065 MSRP range

side view of 1999 Ram 1500 Dodge

86% of drivers recommend this car

Rating breakup (out of 5):

  • Comfort 4.three
  • Interior design 4.1
  • Functioning 4.three
  • Value for the money 4.3
  • Exterior styling 4.4
  • Reliability iv.4

1999 Dodge Ram a animal

I bought my showtime 1999 Dodge Ram 7 years ago. I loved it so much I restored it, the 360 is a beast, it runs and drives similar new. It will pull anything. I have $15,000 into it worth every penny. I volition never own another Chevy junk compared to the ram. Bought 2 more 1998 and a 2001 ram.

Show full review

Just what we were looking for.

This truck is an older 1, but will be just what we needed. Seems to be in good shape inside and out and the mileage for an older truck is so much better than a lot of newer trucks nosotros take seen. And then far, so good. Glad we purchased it.

Testify full review

My 1999 Contrivance Ram 1500 Sport best ever

I beloved my Contrivance Ram 1500 Sport 4 x 4 it exceeds all my expectations & so some. I bought it new & at present my 21 yr old truck w/75,000 miles on it nonetheless suprises me to this day how well it still does. It does for me today equally it did for me 21 yrs ago. People have offering to buy just I volition never sell my Dodge Ram sport.

Prove full review

A decent truck despite existence former.

This truck has been a fine truck. 136,000 miles on it and its running fine. Replaced a few minor parts but only because its old and the original owner abused it. I put 1,000 pound loads in the bed on a regular basis and its still going. Some rust problems, but zero that can't easily be stock-still. Even though its an older model its a fine work truck for a cheap toll.

Testify full review

I purchased a 1 owner Contrivance Ram 1500

The previous owner definitely appreciated his Dodge pickup and took immaculate intendance of it. These trucks run forever and I was lucky to find a truck that will be with me several more than years. It's a very dependable, solid truck and even as a 1999 has a few features I was not expecting! Really nice truck!

Show full review

One of the best trucks I have ever owned

I'm a proud owner of a 99 RAM 1500 standard tin curt bed 4x4 V8 5.2l I work heavy commercial deep underground pipe construction. I work everywhere you can mayhap imagine and information technology'due south not ever easy to become in that location. My Dodge wakes up EVERY morning in beast mode. No thing the payload it does exactly what it was built to. When I pull on to the job sites heads turn chicks whistle at ME. DODGE- a truck that is as badass every bit you

Show full review

WORST TRUCK I'VE E'er Owned

Bought make new in May 1999. xxx didn't make it 3 years/32,000 miles. Blown caput gasket @ 4,500 miles (refused just eventually warrantied). rear window leaked around seal (refused but eventually warrantied), merely didn't ready damage to head liner (mold and collapsing). A/C quit after 7,000 miles and never worked again, refused service and was never fixed. At 12,000 miles oil pump broke refused warranty-fixed out of pocket my own expense, at fourteen,000 miles timing concatenation stretched and rattled at every dispatch, never fixed, radio died and had to replace with aftermarket, missing due to misfires had to supersede/re gap spark plugs every 2 months. 15,000 miles rear drum brakes seized and had to replace everything out of pocket. xx,000 miles water pump blew out, had to supercede out of pocket. 25,000 mile transmission broke, had to replace out of pocket. at 30,000 miles 2nd oil pump (OEM replaced 2nd pump) failed - replaced again with OEM out of pocket. at 31,000 miles the truck couldn't go along half dozen qts of oil for the burning/leaking, had a coolant leak, heater core clogged upward and heater didn't work and the front suspension started popping and needed new shocks...the truck wasn't safe for the route. by 2001 it was literally sold for fleck because it wasn't a functional vehicle and unsafe. Contrivance/Chrysler refused 90% of the warranty work. Worst vehicle always owned, if you disagree your delusional.

Show full review

1999 contrivance 4x4 sport

My nieghbor was retired dodge mechanic. Went all over teuck at 113000 miles. Put the plentum gasket on. Everything new. New fluid and adjusted bands in tranny which is important. I love truck. Put the steering bar on frame tightened upwardly front steering. What a difference highly recommend.

Show total review

Best work truck I take endemic

Bought the truck from a junk yard v years ago for $2400.00. Worked like a champ. 260k mile now and decided to go on it for another 10 years and then I replaced the engine and tranny, serviced the rear and put on new forepart suspention. They just don't build trucks like this anymore. Easy to fix, works hard(I pull 35' boats all day) and information technology lasts. When I pulled the engine and the bed to inspect, the frame and components are still in great shape with little rust. With new trucks running 45k, the 7k I just spent was well worth it.

Show full review

good strong truck

it is a skillful truck. i really like it . i take had information technology for a little over 5 years at present. i actually like the room of the iv door truck.

Bear witness full review